Application forms for school admission are available from school. Applications can also be made on-
Part time places in the Nursery Class will be available in September of the academic year within which the child becomes four.
Children born between: Funded places can start from:
1st April - 31st August Autumn Term
1st September - 31st December Spring Term
1st January - 31st March Summer Term
The number of pupils to be admitted to the Nursery class stands at six morning children and six afternoon children. Attendance at the nursery will not guarantee admission to our Reception Class.
Full time places in the reception class will be available in September of the academic year within which the child becomes five. The number of pupils to be admitted to this school at the normal age of entry will not exceed 15.
The LEA criteria for admitting pupils to Reception Classes at oversubscribed schools is as follows:
1. Pupils whose statutory statement of special need names the school as the most appropriate mainstream school that meets the pupil’s needs.
2. Pupils living within the catchment area of the school.
3. Pupils who have an elder brother or sister in attendance at the school and who will still be attending the school at the proposed admission date.
4. Pupils who satisfy both of the following tests:
(i) they are distinguished from the great majority of other applicants either on medical grounds or by other exceptional circumstances. Medical grounds must be supported by a medical report (obtained by the parents) specifying the medical advantage of the child attending the preferred school compared with the normal catchment area school or by other exceptional circumstances material to the choice of school (i.e. the circumstances of the child not the economic or social circumstances of the parent); and (ii) they would suffer hardship if they were unable to attend the school;
5. Pupils whose parents are regular attenders of the Church of England. Evidence in the form of a letter from a minister is required.
6. Distance between home and school.
Parents are encouraged to bring their child to school for half-
Out of catchment area pupils wishing to be admitted to other year groups may be accepted if places are available up to the agreed admission limit of 15.
In the event of the school becoming over-
Parents may appeal to the LEA if they are unsuccessful in obtaining the school of their choice.